From: "James Baker" <james.d.ba...@gmail.com>
To: user@uima.apache.org
Sent: Wednesday, September 17, 2014 11:33:58 AM
Subject: Share database connections between annotators

What is the best way of sharing a database connection (in my case, to
MongoDB) between annotators?

Currently, I instantiate a new database connection for each annotator, but
as my UIMA pipeline now has over 50 annotators (not all of which connect to
the database), I am ending up with a large number of database connections.
Ideally, I'd like to move to a single connection pool that can be shared by
the annotators. The Mongo driver supports connection pooling, but I'm
unsure how best to implement in UIMA.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,
James