On Fri, Nov 14, 2014 at 8:11 PM, Simon Hafner <reactorm...@gmail.com> wrote:

> So to run effectively, I would need more memory, because the job wants
> two shares? ... Yes. With a larger node it works. What would be a
> reasonable memory size for a ducc node?
>
> Really depends on the application code. Quoting from the DUCC overview at
http://uima.apache.org/doc-uimaducc-whatitam.html

  "DUCC is particularly well suited to run large memory Java analytics in
   multiple threads in order to fully utilize multicore machines."

Our experience to date has been with machines 16-256GB and 4-32 CPU cores.
Smaller machines, 8GB or less, have only been used for development of DUCC
itself, with dummy analytics that use little memory and CPU.