Keeping the filter inside the INNER may still be useful to
terminate any further processing in that AAE.

outputsNewCases=true is just saying that an aggregate is
a CasMultiplier and *might* return child-CASes. It doesn't
change the CAS-in/CAS-out contract for the component.

I think a fair amount of logic would have to be reworked
if that contract were changed. For sure in UIMA-AS,
where supporting CM services is one of the more complex
design issues. But maybe it would be interesting to see
the pros vs cons of making that change.

Eddie