Hi,

there is no step-by-step description yet, only the part of the
documentation here:
https://uima.apache.org/d/ruta-current/tools.ruta.book.html#ugr.tools.ruta.maven

There are some examples of maven configurations:
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/uima/ruta/trunk/example-projects/ruta-maven-example
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/uima/ruta/trunk/ruta-maven-plugin/src/it/multimodule
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/uima/ruta/trunk/ruta-maven-plugin/src/it/importByName

My best guess without knowing your maven configuration/pom is that the
phase of the ruta-maven-plugin needs to be changed. Did you use:

<id>descriptors</id>
<phase>process-classes</phase>
<goals>
<goal>generate</goal>
</goals>

if yes, try:

<id>descriptors</id>
<phase>generate-resources</phase>
<goals>
<goal>generate</goal>
</goals>

If that solves the problem, then please accept my apologies... I will
adapt the documentation. There was actually a reason why I used
process-classes in the first place...

Best,

Peter