Hi Peter,

I noticed that occasionally the initialisation in RutaEngine::initializeStream
can tak very long time. I can’t really explain them and it seems independent of
document length since I have seen this with even very small XML documents.

The method seems to spend much time in the DefaultSeeder when creating MARKUP
annotations during subiterator.moveToNext calls (line 89) and inside
Subiterator it seems to be the while loop inside adjustForStrictForward (line
232), which is inside UIMA core classes. I haven’t gone into any deeper
analysis yet but I first like to hear whether you have an idea what could be
the main cause(s) for this?

We use Ruta 2.3.1 with UIMA 2.8.1

Cheers
Mario