Hi,

capturing groups are not supported by the REGEXP condition since it is
essentially just a boolean function and cannot transfer its internal
information to an action which creates annotations. However, there are
many other ways to solve it.

There is maybe a problem with your regexp. I changed it to ".*(?:no|No)
(.*)" in the following.

You can, for example, use the simple regexp rule and restrict its
matching context to each line:

... with a BLOCK:
BLOCK(eachLine) Line{}{
    ".*(?:no|No) (.*)" -> Rule1NoPattern, 1=Group1;
}

... with an inlined rule:
Line->{".*(?:no|No) (.*)" -> Rule1NoPattern, 1=Group1;};

Some additional comments:

You should mention the type Line in the EXEC action for reindexing, if
you want to use these annotations in the following rules:
Document{-> EXEC(PlainTextAnnotator, {Line})};
For your rules, it does not make a difference, but if you use other
conditions like PARTOF, it will not work correctly.

>From my experience, I'd recommend to work directly with annotations
instead of regexes for detecting the target of a negation. Then, you can
refactor the rules more easily, e.g., if you have a rule like
Line->{PrefixNegationInd #{-> Group1};}; you can replace the wildcard
with something better in future like ChunkNP. (I just wanted to mention
it. I know that your example was probably just an example to describe
the problem with ruta.)

Best,

Peter