Hi Eddie,

From my observations, it looks like the destructorJNI() is meant for JNI
Instances that were constructed (calling constructJNI()), but never used (like
you would allocate a pool of them, but not use them all).
destroyJNI() frees all memory allocated for analysis processing.
It is safe to first call ‘’destroyJNI()’’ and then ‘’destructorJNI()’’, even on
unused instances, but it is not safe to reverse the methods, memory leaks (on
used instances) are the result, and even worse, access violations because the
same instance pointer is deleted twice.
This is the problem we are facing.
As to why both methods (destructor & destroy) co-exist is a little unclear to
me, I made the destructorJNI() method doing nothing, and that solved our
problem, as destructorJNI() and destroyJNI() are always called in pairs.
If there are cases where this is not true, then we’ll have memory leaks of
course, so a more robust solution is very welcome.

Regards,
Jos Denys.

De : Eddie Epstein [mailto:eaepst...@gmail.com]
Envoyé : mardi 26 avril 2016 04:58
À : user@uima.apache.org
Cc : Jos Denys <jos.de...@intersystems.com>; Chen-Chieh Hsu
<chen-chieh....@intersystems.com>
Objet : Re: UIMACPP and multi-threading

Hi,
Not the author of the JNI, but does it make sense that UimacppEngine.finalize()
could be called while UimacppAnalysisComponent maintains a valid engine pointer
to UimacppEngine? And once the engine pointer has been set to null,
UimacppAnalysisComponent.destroy() will not call UimacppEngine.destroy().
Leaves me confused how this could happen.
At any rate, do you think finalize is related to the serizalizeJNI problem?
Eddie

On Mon, Apr 25, 2016 at 8:27 AM, Benjamin De Boe