Hi, I have a feeling that there might be a race condition here. In the
client, the timer pops and at the same time a reply is received.
The timout logic is resetting the CAS while its being deserialized which
may lead to NPE. Not 100% certain but this might be the problem.

Any chance you can increase UIMA log level to FINEST on the client side? It
would log important information like the internal CAS ID  on each reply
which can be used to correlate events in the log.

-jerry