Hi all.

I wanted to ask a question.

Using UimaFit, how to tell an analysis engine, which is unaware of Sofas,
to process a specific Sofa, without changing its code, after that engine
has been created?

I mean:
I have an analysis engine that operates over the CAS. It uses
JCas#getDocumentText() to take the data. It is unaware of Sofas.
I want that engine to process a specific Sofa (a specific view).

I know that when the engine is being created (using
AnalysisEngineFactory#createEngine) I can provide a parameter with the
default view, which makes the engine process that view (instead of
_InitialView).
However, I want *the same engine* to process several Sofas (separately),
and I don't want to create an instance of the engine again and again for
each Sofa. I need some way to tell the engine that in the next call to
process() it shall process a specific Sofa.

When I just call process() with either the CAS or a specific view as
parameter, it processes the default view (_InitialView). Question is, how
to guide it to process another view.

Many thanks in advance,
Asher