Hi Wahed,

One approach would be to configure the service itself to self-destruct if
processing exceeds a processing threshold. UIMA-AS error configuration does
support timeouts for remote delegates, but not for in-process delegates. So
this would require starting a timer thread in the annotator that would call
exit() if not reset at the end of the process() method. DUCC will
automatically attempt to restart a service instance that exits.

DUCC's pinger API allows a service pinger to detect that a service instance
is not working correctly and tell DUCC to restart the instance. This
approach has been confirmed to work for the current trunk code, after post
v2.1.0 fixes.

Eddie