I continued investigating  and according to the stacktrace and source
code of of FSIndexRepositoryImpl.ll_addFS_common() the exception is
from line 2805 , in this part

final ArrayList<IndexIteratorCachePair<? extends FeatureStructure>>
indexes = this.indexArray[typeCode];
    // Add fsRef to all indexes.
    boolean noIndexOrOnlySetindexes = true;
for (IndexIteratorCachePair<? extends FeatureStructure> iicp :
indexes) {}     //here

apparently loop on a null value, any idea of why can happen this exception?