I don't think that CPE supports flow controllers. I would recommend you first
try this with SimplePipeline.

The CpeBuilder / CpePipeline takes an aggregate and disassembles it into its
components and then passes each component separately to the CPE. At this point,
the FlowController is lost. You *could* wrap your flow-controlled aggregate
into yet another aggregate and pass that to the CPE, but then the CPE would try
to scale it out en-block.

Cheers,

-- Richard