i just tested the snapshot build from
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/uima/uima-as/trunk, and the behavior
still are similar for many uima-as client, end in a exception, but now
show this stacktrace:

org.apache.activemq.ConnectionClosedException: The connection is already closed
        at
org.apache.activemq.ActiveMQConnection.checkClosed(ActiveMQConnection.java:1459)
        at
org.apache.activemq.ActiveMQConnection.checkClosedOrFailed(ActiveMQConnection.java:1446)
        at
org.apache.activemq.ActiveMQConnection.createSession(ActiveMQConnection.java:328)
        at
org.apache.uima.adapter.jms.client.ActiveMQMessageSender.createSession(ActiveMQMessageSender.java:108)
        at
org.apache.uima.adapter.jms.client.ActiveMQMessageSender.initializeProducer(ActiveMQMessageSender.java:143)
        at
org.apache.uima.adapter.jms.client.ActiveMQMessageSender.createTextMessage(ActiveMQMessageSender.java:191)
        at
org.apache.uima.adapter.jms.client.BaseMessageSender.run(BaseMessageSender.java:330)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)