Hi Erik,

DUCC jobs can scale out user's components in two ways, horizontally by
running multiple processes (process_deployments_max)  and vertically by
running the pipeline defined by the CM, AE and CC components in multiple
threads (process_pipeline_count).  Since the constructed top AAE is
designed to run in multiple threads, it requires multiple deployments
enabled for all pipeline components.

The CM and CC components are optional as they could be already included in
the specified process_descriptor_AE. The reason for explicitly specifying
CM and CC components is to facilitate high scale out. The Job's collection
reader should create CASes with references to data which will often be
segmented by the CM into a collection of CASes to be processed by the users
AE. The initial CAS created by the driver normally does not flow into the
AE, but typically does flow to the CC after all child CASes from the CM
have been processed to trigger the CC to finalize the collection.