having a hard time finding discussion about this in the archives.  i
must not have the correct search terms.  anyway, here's two places
where Geir and Christoph mention this.  anyone remember if this was
actually implemented?

http://marc2.theaimsgroup.com/?l=velocity-user&m=102756433303385&w=3

http://marc2.theaimsgroup.com/?l=velocity-user&m=112264108203085&w=3