On 4/17/07, plamb <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi Nathan,

I did delete the other velocity tools stuff before trying the latter.

cool.

My Tomcat installation has been in use for a couple of months, fro other
applications using JSP and servlets.
The operating system is windows xp.
I do not remember changing any Tomcat defaults.
I have not tried any other wep apps packaged as Wars.
I have not tried an earlier version of Tomcat, or other servlet engines.

well, that seems fine then.

I have disscussd the problem with some of my colleages who have got velocity
tools working with
Tomcat. I think that I have not perfromed the installation of velocity
correctly and intend to
start again with a new install of velocity and velocity tools.

new install?  to use the example apps, you should be able to just
download the binary velocity-tools distribution, pull out the example
WAR files, drop them directly into the Tomcat webapps folder, start
tomcat, and go to http://localhost:8080/simple  (or showcase or
struts).  There's not really much "installation" involved.

If you can think of anything in the mean time please let me know.

will do.   let me know how it goes with retrying the steps above.

Regards

Peter lamb