On 5/22/07, Garrett Smith <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi,

Is it possible to invoke a jsp tag from velocity?

not standard.  WebWork once had support for this, which became this project:

https://velotags.dev.java.net/

it probably still works, but i haven't tried it.

If not, can I
include a jsp? What about making a request to apache HTTP server (from
Velolcity engine)?

yes.  http://velocity.apache.org/tools/devel/view/ImportTool.html
(feel free to ask if you can't figure out how to use it in your app)

I want to call a php function (GeSHi) that is not handled by Tomcat.
For this, I was considering to use <c:import
url="http://myhost.com/php/geshi.php"/>, If I can go straight to the
PHP, that would also work.

i don't know about calling into PHP directly, but importing a URL with
the ImportTool sounds like what you're looking for.

Thanks,

Garrett
--
site still down.