i don't know of any cons.  what you are asking about is what i would
recommend for any app using the VelocityViewServlet (and kin).

On 7/11/07, Robert Koberg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi,

What are the cons of simply using the (Http)ServletRequest object to
store objects for a view template. Or, why use a velocity context when
you already have the request object?

I am thinking of reuse of control logic for different view template
engines. Or different control languages with the same velocity
templates. But really I am looking for any negatives for using only the
request object.

It seems to me if you stick to populating only the request object you
have a much greater ease of changing/adapting/whathaveyou.

thanks,
-Rob