Hello & Happy new year :),

I'm working on a project that involves SpringMVC+Velocity and I'm trying to use internationalization in a specific way:
Basically what I want to do in a Velocity template is something like this:
System.out.printf(myLocalizedMsg, foo)
where myLocalizedMsg=Text1 %s text2

I've looked at #springMessage macro but doesn't allow for printf-like parameters, also, I haven't found a way to make Velocity run a simple System.out.print("test") in the template so it looks like you can't access static methods from template. Is there any way to accomplish something like this in Velocity view or I have to do it in the controller?

Thank you.

--
Best regards,
Dumitru Postoronca