On Mon, Mar 16, 2009 at 8:36 AM, Steven Weiss <swe...@iafrica.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have upgraded to version 1.6.1. I've noticed in the tomcat logs that
> velocity tries to initialize itself a number of times. Sometimes within
> seconds of itself, Sometimes hours.
>
> Anyone have any ideas?

Not with that tiny bit of info.  Are you using the Velocity singleton
or VelocityEngine?  Are you sure it's not just Tomcat restarting your
whole app?  Is there any library in your app that uses Velocity?  What
version did you upgrade from? 1.6? 1.5? 1.4? 1.3.1?  What are you
using Velocity for?  Can you tell from your logs if both startups are
using the same velocity.properties?  Can you tell what your app is
doing when it init's itself? (may tell you where the second instance
is)

Bottom line, a single Velocity runtime cannot be restarted.  So,
either the classloader is being dumped and the whole app re-started
(which i hope you would notice), or else there are multiple runtimes
in play.  But there's no way for us to guess where just by knowing you
upgraded to the latest version from some mysterious version.  ;)