Hi All,

I am using velocity 1.5 sortTool to sort the properties of list. I am sorting
two date, createdAt and updatedAt both property of dto are java.util.Date type.
I am trying to sort on updatedAt first and if updatedAt is null then on
createdAt. Its working fine if there is some value in updatedAt, but its not
working if  updatedAt has null value. Please help me out of this problem. code
sample is attached with this mail.

Thanks & Regards,
Ranjeet

<tool>
        <key>sorter</key>
                <scope>application</scope>
       <class>org.apache.velocity.tools.generic.SortTool</class>
   </tool>

   velocity Code
   ============

   #foreach($obj in $sorter.sort(${campaign.notes}, ["updatedAt:desc",
"createdAt:desc"]))
   $obj.id, $obj.shortText , crreatedAt : $obj.createdAt , updatedAt :
$obj.updatedAt <br />
  #end

  DTO implements Comparable<Note> with method
  private Date createdAt;
    private Date updatedAt;
    // and their setter/getter method.

  public int compareTo(Note other) {
                //Note other = (Note)o;
        int returnValue = 0;

         if (this.getUpdatedAt() != null && other.getUpdatedAt() != null) {
                 returnValue =
this.getUpdatedAt().compareTo(other.getUpdatedAt());
                 if (returnValue == 0){
                 returnValue =
this.getCreatedAt().compareTo(other.getCreatedAt());

             }
         } else {
                 returnValue =
this.getCreatedAt().compareTo(other.getCreatedAt());
             }
         return returnValue;

        }*