It's a little bit strange...
I have a #parse directive in my global lib.vm which causes an exception

#macro(setGlobalConstants)
        #set($TEST = "this is a constant var!")
        #parse("setup/default.config")
#end

If I set velocimacro.permissions.allow.inline.local.scope = true, I'll see this
exception. If it's set to false, everything is fine.

java.lang.NullPointerException
        at java.util.Hashtable.get(Hashtable.java:333)
        at
org.apache.velocity.runtime.VelocimacroManager.getNamespace(VelocimacroManager.java:318)
        at
org.apache.velocity.runtime.VelocimacroManager.get(VelocimacroManager.java:215)
        at
org.apache.velocity.runtime.VelocimacroFactory.getVelocimacro(VelocimacroFactory.java:563)
        at
org.apache.velocity.runtime.RuntimeInstance.getVelocimacro(RuntimeInstance.java:1563)
        at
org.apache.velocity.runtime.directive.RuntimeMacro.render(RuntimeMacro.java:218)
        at
org.apache.velocity.runtime.parser.node.ASTDirective.render(ASTDirective.java:175)
        at
org.apache.velocity.runtime.parser.node.SimpleNode.render(SimpleNode.java:336)
        at org.apache.velocity.runtime.directive.Parse.render(Parse.java:260)
        at
org.apache.velocity.runtime.parser.node.ASTDirective.render(ASTDirective.java:175)
        at
org.apache.velocity.runtime.parser.node.SimpleNode.render(SimpleNode.java:336)
        at org.apache.velocity.Template.merge(Template.java:328)