From: Garth Patil [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, November 13, 2007 5:33 PM
To: user@xmlbeans.apache.org
Subject: Controlling encoding/escaping of an attribute

Hi,
I am using xmlbeans to generate the xml that is posted to a web
service. The web service provider is rather picky about the
encoding/escaping of the content of one of the attributes.
Particularly, they ask that line feeds be terminated by

For example:
<request>
  <message text="This is the first line.&#10;This is the second
line.&#10;This is the third line."/>
</request>

If I try to just use a \r\n or a \n, that appears without modification
in the xml.
If I try to set the encoded value explicitly, xmlbeans converts the
leading ampersand to &amp;
How can I control the escaping of the attribute so that the line feed
character has this encoding?
Thanks,
Garth

entities,  that may be confidential,  proprietary,  copyrighted  and/or legally
privileged, and is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity
named in this message. If you are not the intended recipient, and have received
this message in error, please immediately return this by email and then delete
it.