Getting it from java.net.URL:

URL url = new URL(http://www.host.com/ws);
bkDoc = BooksDocument.Factory.parse(url);

The data in that file just contains the text "no data".

Thanks,
Steven

On Nov 16, 2007, at 5:42 PM, Jacob Danner wrote:

How are you getting the content? Is it a stream. There may be some extra characters prepended to the value and thats causing this.

On Nov 16, 2007 1:58 PM, Steven Crosley < [EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: 2007-11-16 10:03:35,830 ERROR [com.x.xc.books.service.BookServiceImpl ]
- <org.apache.xmlbeans.XmlException: http://192.168.0.1/Books:1:1:
error: Unexpected element: CDATA>

The thing is, when there is no data, there is no CDATA element at all,
it's not providing any xml, just a plain text message saying that
there is no data.

Thanks,
Steven