From: Willis Morse [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, December 03, 2007 7:26 AM
To: user@xmlbeans.apache.org
Subject: Re: Saxon, JAXP and classpath

Answering my own question:

> Question 4) If there's no way to use the JDK for the XSLT, then I
> guess I need to figure out the Saxon XSLT problem. This same XSLT
> run on the same source xml file works fine when executed in
> StylusStudio using the embedded Saxon 8.9 library, and the built in
> JDK xslt engine doesn't, either. So I'm left thinking that there's
> some obscure Saxon initialization that's different between the way
> StylusStudio sets up Saxon, and the way it's getting setup in my
> app. Any thoughts?

Saxon 8.8 has a known bug when running a transform to produce a DOM
when using a default namespace:

        https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?
func=detail&aid=1558133&group_id=29872&atid=397617

This was fixed as a patch to 8.8, and is presumably fixed in Saxon 8.9.

So the solution that I'm using is to add namespace prefixes to my
result nodes in my xslt. When I do this, Saxon performs the transform
properly.

Moving to Saxon 8.9 might have also solved the problem, but the
XMLBeans are so emphatic about only using 8.8 that I don't want to
open this can of worms.

- Willis Morse

entities,  that may be confidential,  proprietary,  copyrighted  and/or legally
privileged, and is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity
named in this message. If you are not the intended recipient, and have received
this message in error, please immediately return this by email and then delete
it.