Hi,

I have a default value specified in the definition of the element. But the
generated class returns the default value only if the element exists in the
xml document.
schema:
<complexType name="SomeType">
 <sequence>
    <element name="name" type="string" minOccurs="1"/>
    <element name="interval" type="long" minOccurs="0" default="1000" />

xml:
<root>
  <name>AAA</name>
  <interval />
getInterval() returns default value, but if 'interval' node doesn't exists
in xml (according to minOccurs="0" ) getInterval() returns 0. Is that
designed behavior?

Suppose it is. I do have isxxxSpecified() method to determne the existence
of the element in the document, but whether a way to get programmaticaly the
default value specified in the schema (to prevent its double maintenance in
the schema and in the code)?

Thanks,
Gennady