How are you generating the XML. I'm not positive its whitespace is
preserved if something like xmlText() is used.
I might try something like an xs:normalizedString and the whitespace=preserve.
-jacobd

On Wed, Feb 27, 2008 at 4:57 PM, dave <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>  I have an xs:string type element to hold some regex
>  expressions. I haven't put any restrictions/facets for
>  this xs:string type. Isn't by default, it should
>  preserve whitespace? Looks like the leading and
>  trailing spaces are removed when I generate an XML
>  using XmlBeans apis.
>
>  In general, what is the better XSD data type to hold
>  regex patterns? Is it just xs:string OR should I
>  explicitly preserve Whitespace for this xs:string?

I'm competing in a Half-Ironman distance triathlon to raise money for
the fight against cancer!
Please help support my efforts by going to:
http://www.active.com/donate/tntwaak/jacobd