Hi there,

I'm not sure if this is an xmlbeans issue, or an issue with the xml validator I'm using...

I've produced an XML (GML) document which I validate with Java 1.5's SchemaFactory for a junit test case. The test case fails and declares:

The value of {abstract} in the element declaration for 'ns1:AbstractTimeSlice' must be false.

Here's the xml:

 <AbstractTimeSlice xsi:type="ns:JourneyStatusType" ns1:id="a1">

(I can't use substitution groups because the JourneyStatusType is in a different jar to the AbstractTimeSlice...)

Here's the code I use to construct the timeslice:

 AbstractTimeSliceType abstractTimeSliceType =
  historyPropertyType
   .addNewAbstractTimeSlice();

 JourneyStatusType journeyStatusType =
  (JourneyStatusType) abstractTimeSliceType
   .changeType(JourneyStatusType.type);

Thanks for any help.

Cheers,
-C