Hi Guys,

I'm new to the list, so I'm waveing a first hello at everyone ... *wave* :)

I'm currently _trying_ to de-bug an Eclipse Plugin (not written by me) and am running into some problems (stacktrace at the end)

The code looks like this
try {
        document= XMLTestSuiteDocument.Factory.newInstance();
} catch(Throwable e) {
        e.printStackTrace();
}
which leads me to an interface XMLTestSuiteDocument (extends org.apache.xmlbeans.XmlObject)

Inside I have this "public static final class" Factory, which (you would've guessed it) contains the following method

public static org.bpelunit.framework.xml.suite.XMLTestSuiteDocument
newInstance() {
 XMLTestSuiteDocument t =
(org.bpelunit.framework.xml.suite.XMLTestSuiteDocument)
org.apache.xmlbeans.XmlBeans.getContextTypeLoader().newInstance( type, null );
 t=t; /* TODO for easier inspection, remove later */
 return t;}

"type" references this var in the XMLTestSuiteDocument interface (containing the Factory). Although I'm not a total noob to Java, I have to admit, that I am not familiar whith the way, this variable is initialized ... but okay
public static final org.apache.xmlbeans.SchemaType type =
(org.apache.xmlbeans.SchemaType)

org.apache.xmlbeans.XmlBeans.typeSystemForClassLoader(XMLTestSuiteDocument.class.getClassLoader(),
"schemaorg_apache_xmlbeans.system.s21B6514B5535163199D3BCDDAA42EFA0").resolveHandle("testsuite8482doctype");

However, this call leads us to XmlBeans.getContextTypeLoader().
Since the exceptions caught at this point do not match the one thrown, I suspect this method itself not to be the problem.
It calls
return (SchemaTypeLoader)_getContextTypeLoaderMethod.invoke(null, null);
and therefore
private static Method buildGetContextTypeLoaderMethod()
{
  return buildNoArgMethod( "org.apache.xmlbeans.impl.schema.SchemaTypeLoaderImpl",
"getContextTypeLoader" );
}
leading us to
private static final Method buildNoArgMethod ( String className, String
methodName )
{
  return buildMethod( className, methodName, new Class[ 0 ] );
}
and finally to
private static final Method buildMethod ( String className, String methodName,
Class[] args )
> /* in XMLBeans.java:170 */

I do not fully understand the architecture of the call in the try-block, but suspect that also at this point the problem is somewhere else, because buildMethod() throws an IllegalStateException, which I do not get ... *hrmpf*

I have compiled XMLBeans from the source on commandline according to the instructions, and until this point everything seemed to work also ... I've put XMLBeans into Eclipse as a new project for convenient browsing and debugging and stuff.

Anyone has any idea or experienced similar problems?
Am I perhaps per any chance missing some dependency in or outside XMLBeans?

Thanks in advance,
Ronald

The halfway full stacktrace would read like this:
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError
        at org.apache.xmlbeans.XmlBeans.class$(XmlBeans.java:43)
        at org.apache.xmlbeans.XmlBeans.buildNodeMethod(XmlBeans.java:195)
        at
org.apache.xmlbeans.XmlBeans.buildNodeToCursorMethod(XmlBeans.java:232)
        at org.apache.xmlbeans.XmlBeans.<clinit>(XmlBeans.java:131)
        at
org.bpelunit.framework.xml.suite.XMLTestSuiteDocument$Factory.newInstance(XMLTestSuiteDocument.java:45)
        at
org.bpelunit.toolsupport.wizards.BPELUnitNewWizard.performFinish(BPELUnitNewWizard.java:80)
        at
org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog.finishPressed(WizardDialog.java:742)
        at
org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog.buttonPressed(WizardDialog.java:373)
        at org.eclipse.jface.dialogs.Dialog$2.widgetSelected(Dialog.java:618)
        at
org.eclipse.swt.widgets.TypedListener.handleEvent(TypedListener.java:227)
        at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:66)
        at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:938)
        at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:3682)
        at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3293)
        at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.runEventLoop(Window.java:820)
        at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.open(Window.java:796)
        at org.eclipse.ui.actions.NewWizardAction.run(NewWizardAction.java:182)
        at org.eclipse.jface.action.Action.runWithEvent(Action.java:498)
        at
org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.handleWidgetSelection(ActionContributionItem.java:546)
        at
org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.access$2(ActionContributionItem.java:490)
        at
org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem$5.handleEvent(ActionContributionItem.java:402)
        at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:66)
        at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:938)
        at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:3682)
        at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3293)
        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runEventLoop(Workbench.java:2389)
        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runUI(Workbench.java:2353)
        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.access$4(Workbench.java:2219)
        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$4.run(Workbench.java:466)
        at
org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:289)
        at
org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:461)
        at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:149)
        at
org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.application.IDEApplication.start(IDEApplication.java:106)
        at
org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:169)
        at
org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:106)
        at
org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:76)
        at
org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:363)
        at
org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:176)
        at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:508)
        at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:447)
        at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1173)
        at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:1148)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.w3c.dom.Node
        at
org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleLoader.findClassInternal(BundleLoader.java:434)
        at
org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:369)
        at
org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:357)
        at
org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.DefaultClassLoader.loadClass(DefaultClassLoader.java:83)
        ... 46 more