It doesn't exactly work like that. The xsi:type is there to assert its
an elements type, but it does not mean two elements are then
equivalent only that they should conform to the type defined by the
schema. The element names are the key here.

If you are using XMLBeans and you want your FpML document, start
working with the type FpMLDocument type.
HTH,
-jacobd