Jacob,
Thanks for the quick reply. Unfortunately, I still don't see the solution. I think you are saying that the MetadataResultType.getTitle() function I mentioned is associated with type information not the actual value of the Title element. By this do you mean that there will not be a getTitle() function that returns the value of the Title element?

I suppose I'm approaching this in a backward fashion. I used XmlBeans to generate classes and javadoc and then searched the javadoc for a getTitle() function. How is this usually done, i.e. how do you go from schema element to java class to method that gets the element value?

Thanks,
-=beeky