Just an idea: I have sometimes found that using a different JDK helps, e.g.,
use JRockit instead of Sun's JDK.

  _____

From: Dave Shuck [mailto:dsh...@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, December 02, 2009 3:16 PM
To: user@xmlbeans.apache.org
Subject: Suggestions for out of memory error on xml bean ant task?

I am trying to to build a JAR file from a _very_ large XSD file (12K lines) on
a laptop that is (unfortunately) running Windows 7 with 2GB of memory.  Both
from within eclipse and from the command line, I am getting "[xmlbean]
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space" errors as it attempts to compile
7604 source files after parsing the XSD.  Within eclipse.ini I have boosted the
memory settings as high as I can without success.

While I realize that this size XSD is pretty excessive, our company has a
Hudson server that does successfully build this XSD-->JAR nightly, so I know
that it can be compiled given the right environment.

Does anyone have any suggestions for how I might be able to better manage the
memory to allow me to build on my development laptop?

Thanks in advance for any help.

~Dave Shuck
blog: HYPERLINK "http://www.daveshuck.com"www.daveshuck.com
tweets: HYPERLINK "http://www.twitter.com/dshuck"www.twitter.com/dshuck