Bartolomeo,

It depends if the schemas collide, i.e. they have the same target namespace and
are using the same local names for global types, elements, attributes etc.

Maybe _9 version is backwards compatible with _8, i.e. instances of _8 are
valid under _9 schema, if this is the case you're lucky, and only need to work
with _9 version.

If they do collide and are not compatible, you can still handle both of them
with XMLBeans but you need to provide the knowledge when to use one or the
other and the code becomes much more complicated.

Cezar