Hi Nick,
If you look in the manifest from oldxbean.jar you can get the svn info
for the sources that were used to create the jar. In the latest trunk
I see something like
Apache XmlBeans version 2.3.0-r532896
 which means you could grab the r532896 revision and that should have
the sources you are looking for.
oldxbean.jar is used to 'bootstrap' the build and I used to have a
much better understanding of what that meant exactly. I vaguely
remember it had something to do with needing to compile the main
schema xsd's as part of the build.

HTH,
-jacobd