Hi,

Xybek wrote:

[snip]

> Hi Jorg,
>
> Yes, I did process JSON string but this is for the Gson library I use. I
> was just asking why Google Gson library can serialize and deserialize
> object instances in the same JVM and JUnit test where XStream fails to
> do so, throwing exception that the class have no-args constructor.
>
> BTW, I am running in the Google Appengine environment (v 1,7.5)

Then you run under a SecurityManager and the Google App engine dose not give
XStream the appropriate rights to use enhanced mode. Actually this is normal
in GAE and AFACIS you cannot modify this policy. Obviously GAE knows about
Gson and that lib has appropriate rights.

> Also I have a question whether XStream can deal with Object graphs?

http://xstream.codehaus.org/graphs.html

- Jörg