So simply removing this test is harmless? I cannot control which JRE my
customers use, within some broad params.

Thanks for the reply btw!

>>> JörgSchaible <joerg.schai...@gmx.de> 6/3/2013 5:02 PM >>>
Hi Michael,

Michael Bell wrote:

> XStream: 1.4.4
> Java (windows 64 bit/Windows 8):
>
> java version "1.6.0_39"
> Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 20.14-b01, mixed mode)
>
> Maven: 3.0.5
>
> mvn clean install gives
>
> Running com.thoughtworks.xstream.mapper.XmlFriendlyMapperTest
> Tests run: 1, Failures: 1, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 0.006
sec
> <<< FA ILURE!

testPrefixesIllegalXmlElementNamesWithValue(com.thoughtworks.xstream.mapper.XmlF
> riendlyMapperTest)  Time elapsed: 0.002 sec  <<< FAILURE!
> junit.framework.AssertionFailedError: Does not start with
'default-Proxy'
> : <sun .proxy.-Proxy9>
> at junit.framework.Assert.fail(Assert.java:47)
> at junit.framework.Assert.assertTrue(Assert.java:20)
> at
com.thoughtworks.xstream.mapper.XmlFriendlyMapperTest.testPrefixesIll
> egalXmlElementNamesWithValue(XmlFriendlyMapperTest.java:27)
>
> Suggestions?

Use JDKs with older patch levels or patch it with the code in trunk. Or

simply ignore it. The test relied on an undocumented JDK behavior since
Java
1.3 and that behavior changed suddenly with one of the last patch
levels for
Java 6 and 7.

- Jörg

If this is an unsolicited spam message, please click this link to
report it:
http://release.gwava.com:49285/contents/spamreport.shtml?rptid=322759&srvid=17cctsg