Hi Uri,

Uri Shtand wrote:

> Hi.
> Xstream 1.4.4 doesn't work correctly on AIX 7.1
> I get the following exception
>
> java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: Array index out of range: -1
>                 at

com.thoughtworks.xstream.core.util.OrderRetainingMap.entrySet(OrderRetainingMap.java:77)
>                 at java.util.HashMap.putAllImpl(HashMap.java:678)
>                 at java.util.HashMap.putAll(HashMap.java:669)
>                 at

com.thoughtworks.xstream.core.util.OrderRetainingMap.<init>(OrderRetainingMap.java:36)
>                 at

com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.reflection.FieldDictionary.buildMap(FieldDictionary.java:135)

> The problem doesn't happen on older versions of XStream, and doesn't
> happen on AIX 5.3 or 6.1
>
> Doing some analysis, It looks like the OrderRetainingMap is assuming
> things about the implementation of Hashmap (which it extends) that are not
> true in the AIX JRE that we're using (IBM Java 6 for AIX 7.1)
> More specifically, it uses super.putAll and assumes that super.put is
> called as a consequence (which usually happens, but not in AIX 7.1).
>
> I've tried to open a bug, but couldn't figure out how to register to the
> jira bug tracker (trying to log-in shows the wonderful message: Not a
> member? To request an account, please contact your JIRA administrators.)

You have to create an account on xircles.codehaus.org ... which you should
already have, because you're mailing here ;-)

Yes, please open a JIRA issue. While I don't have AIX, I have the IBM JDKs
myself under Linux.

- Jörg