Hi Jörg,

Jörg Schaible <joerg.schaible@...> writes:

> Actually I have no experience with the Hibernate stuff at all, therefore I
> don't know, if it really can make a difference. However, I'd be wondering.
>
> Can you create a version of the classes above without the Hibernate stuff,
> create an instance and marshal that to XML?
>
> How do you initialize the XStream instance?
>
> - Jörg

I'll double check without the Hibernate mappings on Monday. But one of the
benefits of the Hibernate extension is automatic loading of lazy collections
and attributes. I would rather not miss this, as the above code is just a
small portion of the data model.

I pretty much initialize the xstream following the tutorial:

final XStream xstream = new XStream(new StaxDriver()) {

                        @Override
                        protected MapperWrapper wrapMapper(final MapperWrapper
next) {
                                return new HibernateMapper(next);
                        }
                };

                Mapper mapper = xstream.getMapper();
                xstream.registerConverter(new HibernateProxyConverter());
                xstream.registerConverter(new
HibernatePersistentCollectionConverter(mapper));
                xstream.registerConverter(new
HibernatePersistentMapConverter(mapper));
                xstream.registerConverter(new
HibernatePersistentSortedMapConverter(mapper));
                xstream.registerConverter(new
HibernatePersistentSortedSetConverter(mapper));

String xml = xstream.toXML(workflowRole);

I would appreciate if you or anyone else has some other ideas.

Thanks,
Alexander