Hi Paul,

Paul B. Anderson wrote:

> I made the changes you suggested and everything is working as desired.
> Thank you again.
>
> I'm curious, in the annotation version, how can I know what parameters
> the annotation takes?  I see how the XStream facade works in the JAVADOCs.

Its explained in the Javadocs for @XStreamConverter (and in the thread here
on the mailing list last week about the CollectionConverter in combination
with this annotation).

In short: XStream uses a poor man's dependency injection (DI) when
instantiating a Converter by looking at its constructors. Apart from
internal objects (like the Mapper) you can define additional constants of
various types with the annotation. The DI algorithm starts matching the
constructor with the highest number of arguments with all available possible
arguments and uses it if it matches successful. It respects definition
sequences i.e. the first string constant defined in the annotation will be
passed as the first String argument of the constructor.

Cheers,
Jörg