Hi Folks,
I work on an object-to-datastore mapping framework called Apache Gora [0]
and recently came across XStream for simplying data modeling in Gora.

I really like the project you guys are working on but i wonder if you can
answer me one question.

Can I use only JSON e.g. as a string or FileInputStream as oppose to having
to pass around objects? e.g. xstream.alias("product", Product.class);

Say for example I have many Objects, or another example would be that I do
not actually have objects but I have JSON which "represents" the object(s).

In Gora we do data modeling in JSON before we compile the JSON into data
beans therefore it would be much easier if I were able to produce XML from
JSON as oppose to assuming that Java objects will be available.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Best
Lewis

[0] http://gora.apache.org