Hi Hari,

sorry for the late response, but I was on holidays and work through the
backlog now.

Kilakkencherry, Hariharan G wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a client which is using an old interface and the provider has added
> a new field to the class. So when I am trying to deserialize the incoming
> object using the method fromXML I get an exception.

This is the intended behavior.

> What can be done on
> the client side to work around this issue without having to update the
> interface to match with the server every time there is a change?

See http://xstream.codehaus.org/faq.html#Serialization_newer_class_versions
As an additional alternative you can setup XStream to omit the field for the
class (even if the class does not have the member at all).

Cheers,
Jörg