Hi ZooKeepers,

I just recently had an issue about getting the a node's updated data after the
watch was actually fired. Being pretty confused, I read the documentation page
again and sure enough this has been stated:

"A client will see a watch event for a znode it is watching before seeing the
new data that corresponds to that znode."
http://zookeeper.apache.org/doc/r3.1.2/zookeeperProgrammers.html

Now, I'm confused about how a data watch could actually be useful... But aside
from that, is this statement also true about the node's list of Children? I.e.
are a node's children it's "data" too?

Because if this is the case, wouldn't the recipe for barriers hang if it gets
the watch for a new node addition goes off and in:

 if (list.size() < size) {
                        mutex.wait();

 list.size() is still smaller than size?

Or is this statement about watches only true for a data on the node?

Many thanks,
Amir