On 5/26/2017 9:48 AM, Jordan Zimmerman wrote:
> In ZK 3.4.x if you have configuration differences amongst your instances you
> are susceptible to a split brain. See this email thread, "Rolling Config
> Change Considered Harmful":
>
> http://zookeeper-user.578899.n2.nabble.com/Rolling-config-change-considered-harmful-td7578761.html
>
> <http://zookeeper-user.578899.n2.nabble.com/Rolling-config-change-considered-harmful-td7578761.html>
>
> In ZK 3.5.x I'm not even sure it would work.

Thank you for your reply.

I don't fully understand everything being discussed in that thread, but
it sounds like bad things could happen once connectivity is restored.
If DC1 and DC2 were both operational from a client perspective, but
unable to communicate with each other, I think the potential for bad
things would be even higher, because there could be confusion about
which Solr servers are leaders, as well as which ZK server is the leader.

Thanks,
Shawn