>> Is any plan to move to ClientCnxnSocketNetty but default ?

The plan was to replace NIO engine. See ZOOKEEPER-733. For some features
(like client-server SSL) it is a requirement to switch to Netty. Netty
socket implementation is less mature comparing to NIO (there are bugs
reported overtime and some of those have not been fixed still), so it would
take a while for it to be the default option.

Would be interested to hear if anyone here is using Netty socket and / or
client-server SSL in prod and what their feedback is.

--
Cheers
Michael.