Hello,

I have a problem under the form of a set of 2 ODE that includes 6 free
parameters. I need to optimize these parameters based on experimental results.
So far, basically, I have implemented a C++ object that solves the problem
(using RK4 method), can interpolate these results, can load an experimental
file and determine the distance between model and results using the
interpolated function. All this is in one big fat class. Its constructor takes
2 filenames: one for the experimental results and the other one for time
parameters driving the system (strain and strain rate, to be more precise).

Now, I am looking for a method to adjust my parameters (which differ greatly in
magnitude : some are of the order of 1e-28, others 0.02 and others 1e9 or even
1e13). I was wondering whether it would be possible to use Scilab's optim to do
this, but I can't find an example using C++ classes : only C and Fortran 90.
Would anyone know if there is a way to do this ? I don't want to have to reload
the experimental files at each iteration : that would take forever, so it seems
to me I need an object to store this... or maybe there are solutions in C, but
I'm really not familiar with that language...

Thanks a lot !

Marc
This email and any attachments are intended solely for the use of the
individual or entity to whom it is addressed and may be confidential and/or
privileged.

If you are not one of the named recipients or have received this email in error,

(ii) please notify sender of your receipt by reply email and delete this email
and all attachments,

(iii) Dassault Systèmes does not accept or assume any liability or
responsibility for any use of or reliance on this email.

Please be informed that your personal data are processed according to our data
privacy policy as described on our website. Should you have any questions
related to personal data protection, please contact 3DS Data Protection Officer
https://www.3ds.com/privacy-policy/contact/