Hello Hervé,

On Mon, Jun 28, 2021 at  1:51 PM, Hervé BOUTEMY <herve.bout...@free.fr> wrote:
> To me, looking at javadoc or jxr output during "mvn site:run" is not supposed
> to work: "mvn site:run" is here to help write markup for the site, to quickly
> see the output when you update markdown/apt/... source

It is fine by me if it never meant to work. However a note/warning for
newcomers would be greatly appreciated to avoid spending time trying to
figure it out. It just seems as if it should "just work".

> Why are you trying to use site:run to look at javadoc or jxr?

It is just a matter of convenience so I can see how this and that in
various reports look like and gets updated in one place. Also,
auto-update was working for checkstyle but not for spotbug plugin. At
least it did not cause an exception but just showed stale data. Also I
thought it looked more "java/maven way" rather than launching a single
liner for a simple python web server for site directory.

> Notice, whatever the answer is, implementing file by file rendering update as
> required by site:run seems quite hard...
> If you want to look at javadoc or jxr, you're expected to run "mvn site" and
> open your browser at target/site/index.html

Once again, this is fine by me... I guess I don't even have to run a
mini web server. However simply showing stale javadoc would be better
than cryptic exception.

--
Mikhail