Hi

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/mod_log_config.html#bufferedlogs

is it safe to call "apachectl graceful" for make sure that all buffered
logs are written? we are using webalizer every night at 0:00 and on
the beginning of each month we do a "> access_log" directly after it

the problem with BufferedLogs is here that it can happen that after reset
the logfile some entries are written with the last day what means
that the next day webaliler calculates one or a handful of visits
for the past mobth and the real values are lost

on the other hand - "apachectl restart" would also be reasonable
since this is only a topic once per month and automated

--

Reindl Harald
the lounge interactive design GmbH

http://www.thelounge.net/signature.asc.what.htm