Hello...

I have a couple of basic questions on ActiveMQ. I would appreciate any hits as
I am stuck.

I am using ActiveMQ 4.1 with JDK6.

1) When I use an embedded broker with vm transport (vm://localhost)
the instantiation of my Spring SimpleMessageListenerContainer
always fails with a JournalLockedException.

What does this exception mean exactly? I understand this has something to do
with
persistance of message (since that is on by default). While I do not
care to enable persistance and would like to turn it off, I would still
like to understand what causes this exception:

with name 'DmmStartupMessageListener' defined in class path resource
[contexts/bus/DmsStandardSubscriptions.xml]: Invocation of init method failed;
nested exception is java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
org/apache/activeio/journal/active/JournalLockedException
Caused by:
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
org/apache/activeio/journal/active/JournalLockedException
        at
org.apache.activemq.broker.BrokerService.createPersistenceFactory(BrokerService.java:1328)
        at
org.apache.activemq.broker.BrokerService.getPersistenceFactory(BrokerService.java:544)
        at
org.apache.activemq.broker.BrokerService.createPersistenceAdapter(BrokerService.java:1320)
        at
org.apache.activemq.broker.BrokerService.getPersistenceAdapter(BrokerService.java:631)
        at
org.apache.activemq.broker.BrokerService.createRegionBroker(BrokerService.java:1250)
        at
org.apache.activemq.broker.BrokerService.createBroker(BrokerService.java:1209)
        at
org.apache.activemq.broker.BrokerService.getBroker(BrokerService.java:508)
        at
org.apache.activemq.broker.BrokerService.start(BrokerService.java:394)
        at
org.apache.activemq.transport.vm.VMTransportFactory.doCompositeConnect(VMTransportFactory.java:113)
        at
org.apache.activemq.transport.vm.VMTransportFactory.doConnect(VMTransportFactory.java:52)
        at
org.apache.activemq.transport.TransportFactory.doConnect(TransportFactory.java:43)
        at
org.apache.activemq.transport.TransportFactory.connect(TransportFactory.java:77)
        at
org.apache.activemq.ActiveMQConnectionFactory.createTransport(ActiveMQConnectionFactory.java:227)

2) Which jarfile contains the exception class
org/apache/activeio/journal/active/JournalLockedException?

3) How do I use an embedded broker without persistance?

The URL

    vm://localhost?persistant=false

fails with an exception that says that the    option is illegal.

4) Once the broker is up, could I dynamically (programmatically) change the
broker URL by augmenting the broker URL with a failover URL as follows?

   Startup:   vm://localhost
   During runtime (after an event):
           failover(vm://localhost,tcp://remote:61616)

  Would modifying the broker URL of the connection factory cause problems?

Thanks,

/U