On 4/21/07, Lucas Blue <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi.  Suppose I want to modify a Message, once it is already in the queue,
without removing it.  (Perhaps I want to change an int property that was set
on it initially, or perhaps I want to modify the msg itself.)   Is this
possible?  Is there any 'update message' support in ActiveMQ?  If not,
perhaps I could hit the underlying jdbc-based persistence and perform
updates on the appropriate table(s)?

What I'm trying to do is gradually increase the priority of messages that
are sitting in the queue: the longer they've been waiting, the higher the
priority.  This is a basic 'aging' algorithm.

I know I can browse all elements using a QueueBrowser, but I see no way to
update those elements. Any ideas?

http://cwiki.apache.org/ACTIVEMQ/can-i-modify-messages-on-a-queue.html

--
James