Well, send that patch anyways :) Even if it's not used we get to see
what worked for you.  If it at least does not break other builds, it
might have a good chance of getting applied.

On a sort of related note, anybody have good experience on how we can
ensure that bug fix releases stay source and even binary compatible?
There's a bunch of rules related to that suff right?